Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Your Presence Makes A Difference

Have you ever had one of those moments where you felt like you could not be there for someone in the way they needed.  You know the point at which you don't think you have anything to give, or maybe enough to give to them to help make a difference.  Maybe the words could not form, or you just felt helpless as you watched someone suffer in pain.

Often when I get in these moments, I am reminded that my presence with the person can mean the world to them.  They aren't necessarily looking for you to solve all of their problems.  Instead, they are looking for someone to let them know that they are not walking their path alone.  All too often when we are going through the fiery moments of our life's journey, it feels like we are all alone.  It is then that we just need the presence of a hand to help give us balance as we negotiate the treacherous pathway.

Sometimes a person is suffering in a way that we cannot fully imagine or comprehend.  It is not up to us to take that person's suffering away, but we can be there with them with unconditional love, understanding and without judgement.  Suffering is difficult for us to be there for others, but when a person suffers it is often their process in discovering more that life has to offer.  It becomes their teachable moment and if we think we should take away their suffering, we are doing them a disservice.  Instead, let us be there as a support mechanism of balance to them as they attempt to learn what this time of suffering and pain is about in their life.


In all things, even the least of that you do for someone else may be great.  It may seem insignificant and not enough, but if you trust your heart and intuition, you may just be helping them in a life changing moment.  It is sometimes the simplest of acts that have the most benefit to others.  When we try to think we have to be all powerful or great to someone else, it is then that we have lost that heart connection with them.  The simplest form of our presence often is so powerful.

I've been reminded of this time and time again because as I get emails from various people, I sometimes think I don't have the answers they need.  I don't know what to tell them, or offer them.  I don't feel like I have enough to give them in this moment of their difficulty.  Yet if I just allow myself to follow my heart and intuition and respond from my presence, I am amazed at just how much it impacts their life.  When I feel like my words don't come out in a coherent form, it is then that I find they are more powerful than I would have ever imagined.

I encourage you during times when you don't know what to say or do, or you feel like you don't have enough to give, to just come from your heart.  Connect with your heart and your intuition and be there with your presence.  Let the rest unfold in the way that it needs to as you realize, you are there to walk with this person, not deliver them from the lessons they will learn through their time of pain and suffering.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Blog Post And Images (c) 5/31/12 Don Shetterly - use and reprint by permission only http://www.donshetterly.com You are welcomed to share the link to this blog post, but ask for for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”